Sploro, in collaboration with Business Angels Europe, TechUkraine, and the Startup Wise Guys accelerator, has launched the ambitious EmpoWOMEN project. Funded by the European Union, the EmpoWOMEN project aims to address challenges faced by women in Research, Development, and Innovation (R&D&I) to enhance equality in deep tech entrepreneurship.
The project will comprise two open calls, with the first call for applications scheduled to begin on January 8, 2024, and extend until March 8, aligning with International Women’s Day.
Key features of the project include:
- Up to €45,000 in equity-free funding
- Six-month support program
- Access to Top-Level Mentors
- Tech Event Vouchers
- Exclusive Investment Readiness Program with Business Angels
- Choice of Mentors and Experts Based on Needs
- Awards for Top Startups per Cohort
Eligibility for the 1st Open Call:
- Deep tech Startups: The startups must be engaged in the development of advanced and disruptive technologies, according to European definitions for deeptech.
- Women Leadership: The leadership of the startup must be headed by women, with at least one woman playing a key role, either as a co-founder, a member of the core management team, or on the board of directors.
- Equity Participation: Women are expected to have a significant share in the equity ownership of the startup.
- Geographical Location: The company must be legally established in EU Widening Countries, Outermost regions, and Associated countries (including Armenia).
This project is part of the Startup Europe initiative, which, for over a decade, has been fostering entrepreneurial ecosystems by launching impactful initiatives for technological startups across Europe.
For more detailed information about the project, please visit here.